Ginger cookies are a classic holiday favorite! Einkorn is a great grain to use for this recipe, because of it’s great texture and taste.
Einkorn is an ancient grain that is known to be easier to digest due to it’s properties. Modern wheat has 42 chromosomes, while einkorn contains only 14 chromosomes.
For a better cookie taste and texture, refrigerate and cover for 30 minutes before placing batter on parchment paper.
Ginger Einkorn Cookies
- Measuring equipment
- 2 Medium bowls
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Oven mitt
- 1¾ cup einkorn flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup ginger powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp almond extract (optional)
- Stir together all dry ingredients
- Beat eggs in another bowl
- Stir all wet ingredients to beaten egg mix.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Put parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Make cookies 1 tbsp in size. Spread out cookies about 3 inches.
- Bake cookies in oven for 15 minutes on the bottom rack.
- Place cookies on the top rack for 5-10 more minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven.
- Let cookies cool down for 10-15 minutes on pan or metal rack.