Cinnamon cookies are a real crowd pleaser! Einkorn is a good grain to use for this recipe, due to it’s great texture and taste.
Einkorn is an ancient grain that is supposed to be easier to digest due to it’s properties. Modern wheat has 42 chromosomes, while einkorn contains only 14 chromosomes.
For a better cookie taste and texture, refrigerate and cover for 30 minutes before placing batter on parchment paper.
Cinnamon Einkorn Cookies
- Measuring equipment
- 2 Medium bowls
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Oven mitt
- (Optional) Metal rack
- 1¾ cup einkorn flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract (Optional)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375
- Stir together all dry ingredients
- Beat eggs
- Mix together all wet ingredients
- Add all ingredients together
- Mix batter thoroughly
- Place 1 tbsp batter on baking sheet, 3 inches apart
- Bake cookies in oven for 15 minutes on the bottom rack.
- Put cookies on the top rack for 5-10 more minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven.
- Let cookies cool for 10-15 minutes on pan or metal rack.