Double chocolate cookies have both cocoa powder and chocolate chunks to keep your cravings at bay! Using a dark chocolate will help enhance the chocolate flavor you’re after.
Einkorn is a good grain to use for these cookies, due to it’s great texture and taste.
Einkorn is a type of ancient grain that is easier to digest due to it’s properties. Today’s wheat contains 42 chromosomes, while einkorn contains only 14 chromosomes.
For a better cookie taste and texture, refrigerate and cover for 30 minutes before placing batter on parchment paper.
Double Chocolate Einkorn Cookies
- Measuring equipment
- 2 Medium bowls
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Oven mitt
- 1¾ cup einkorn flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp almond extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Stir together all dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients together.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Make cookies 1 tbsp in size, with 3 inches in space between them.
- Bake cookies in the oven for 15 minutes on the bottom rack.
- Put on the top rack for 5-10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Let the cookies cool for 10-15 minutes on pan or metal rack before serving.