Matcha einkorn cookies are a delicious dessert! Einkorn is a great grain to use for cookies, due to it’s great texture and taste.
Einkorn is a type of ancient grain that is supposed to be easier to digest due to it’s properties. Modern wheat has 42 chromosomes, while einkorn has only 14 chromosomes.
For a better cookie taste and texture, refrigerate and cover for 30 minutes before placing batter on parchment paper.
If you want to make matcha chocolate cookies, add a 1/2 cup of cocoa powder to this recipe.
Matcha Einkorn Cookies
- 2 Medium bowls
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Oven mitt
- 1¾ cup einkorn flour
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup matcha powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Stir together all dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs.
- Mix all liquid ingredients together.
- Stir both dry and wet ingredients into each other.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Make cookies 1 tbsp in size. Spread out about 3 inches.
- Cook cookies in oven for 15 minutes on the bottom rack.
- Place cookies on the top rack for 5-10 more minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes on pan or metal rack.