Crepes are sweet and delicious! These French thin pancakes make me feel like I’m a Parisian, munching on my crepe breakfast while sipping my tea. I decided to mix these crepes with matcha, one of my favorite teas. I used the Laird Superfoods brand, but any is fine.
You can skip many of the steps listed if you use a blender instead. Blend until smooth.
Crepes may need a little practice for you to master them. Don’t be disheartened if it turn out perfectly your first few tries.
Matcha Einkorn Crepes
- 2 Medium bowls
- Whisk or blender
- Measuring equipment
- 1¾ cup milk
- 1½ cup einkorn flour
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp butter (softened or melted)
- 5 tsp matcha
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs together.
- Add all other wet ingredients together. Stir them together.
- Whisk all ingredients together until the batter is smooth.
- Let batter sit in fridge covered for one hour.
- Heat pan between medium or medium-low.
- Add 1/2 tsp butter to the pan and spread it around the pan.
- Pour 1/4-1/6 of a cup into the hot pan. Pick the pan up and spread the batter all around the pan.