Crepes are a thin, yet delicious type of French pancake. This recipe is great to use when trying to impress someone, makes you look cool and metropolitan.
Lemon poppy seed is perhaps my favorite flavor. I make many recipes that revolve around it.
You can, alternatively, us a blender and skip most of the steps listed.
This recipe needs practice to make perfectly. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t succeed at first.
Lemon Poppy Seed Einkorn Crepes
Vegetarian Ancient Grain Crepes
- 2 Medium bowls
- Whisk or blender
- Measuring equipment
- 1¾ cup milk
- 1½ cup einkorn flour
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp butter (melted or softened)
- 3 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp lemon flavoring (Frontier brand)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- Stir all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Beat eggs together.
- Stir all wet ingredients with dry until smooth. (Or blend)
- Let batter sit in fridge covered for one hour.
- Heat pan between medium or medium-low.
- Add 1/2 tsp butter to the pan and spread with spatula.
- Pour 1/4-1/6 of a cup into the hot pan. Pick the pan up and spread the batter all around the pan.
- Run your spatula along the edges of the crepe. Flip carefully once crepe is bubbling all around and the edges have browned slightly.
- Wait about thirty to sixty seconds, then remove crepe from pan.
- Cool slightly before serving.