The French most certainly got one thing right! Crepes are a delicious thin pancake, usually coming in a sweet or savory variety. These sweet chocolate crepes will pair well with the jam of your choice.
Einkorn has 14 chromosomes versus modern wheat which has more than double. It is claimed that due to this, it is easier to digest compared to modern wheat.
The refrigeration step is to help your gluten develop and create cohesive crepes.
Making this recipe will take some practice. Don’t be discouraged if your first few batches don’t come out as planned.
Chocolate Einkorn Crepes
- 2 Medium bowls
- Whisk or blender
- Measuring equipment
- 1¾ cup milk
- 1½ cup einkorn flour
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp butter (softened or melted)
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs.
- Add and stir all other wet ingredients together.
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl until smooth. (Or blend)
- Let batch sit covered in the fridge for one hour.
- Heat pan between medium or medium-low.
- Spread ½ tsp butter around the pan.
- Pour 1/4-1/6 of a cup into the hot pan.
- Pick the pan up and spread the batter all around the pan.
- Flip carefully once crepe is bubbling all around and the edges have browned slightly. Run the spatula along the edges, then flip gently.
- Wait about thirty to sixty seconds, then remove crepe from pan.
- Cool slightly before consuming.