Ahhh, the saga continues. Lemon desserts are my specialty. If ancient grain lemon desserts intrigue you, check out the rest of my blog.
This cookie cake is thicker than you might expect. Halve this recipe for a crispier result. Cut the time in the oven too by about half if you plan to do this.
This recipe is simple and fairly easy for beginners. If you apply the glaze while the cookie cake is hot, it’ll be runny and appear clear. For a more even glaze, wait until the cake has cooled down first.
Glaze recipe used is here.
Spelt Lemon Cookie Cake with Lemon Glaze
- 2 Medium bowls
- Parchment paper
- Cake pan
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 tsp lemon flavoring
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix all all powders together using a medium size bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix all liquid-based ingredients.
- Pour and stir all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour batter into a cake pan with parchment paper covering it.
- Cook in oven for about 30-35 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Coat cake with a thin layer of lemon glaze.