If you’ve been scowering my blog, you’ll know all about my lemon obsession. Especially for desserts.
I made things cookies to be giant. I only wanted to use one baking pan, so I made these much bigger than they needed to be. For my results, about 4-6 tablespoons of dough will do. For normal size cookies, however, about 2-4 tablespoons is appropriate.
I topped this with a lemon glaze. This glaze greatly enhances the dessert.
You can find a link for the glaze here.
Spelt Lemon Cookies with Lemon Glaze
Ancient Grain Dessert Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups spelt flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup butter (softened)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon flavoring
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven at 375.
- Using a medium sized bowl, mix all powders together.
- Add your liquid ingredients, then mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Place your dough on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Make balls of dough out of 2-4 tbsp. Just make sure the cookies are well-spaced out.
- Cook in oven for 15 minutes on the bottom rack.
- Place cookies on the top rack for 10-15 more minutes.
- Take cookies out of the oven, let them cool down.
- Coat the cookie cake with a thin layer of lemon glaze.