This ham, egg, and Swiss pizza is a quick and easy recipe to start off your morning. There’s more than one way to fry an egg! 😉
This ham, egg, and Swiss recipe will take you less than 20 minutes, the majority of which is baking time!
For this recipe, I used a pre-made semi-thick sourdough crust. If you don’t have your own pizza crust already made, you may use one of mine instead! You can find my pizza crust recipes here. Be sure to increase the dough amount by 1.5x to 2x. Any other wheat flour can be used to replace the ones in the above link.
This recipe uses Swiss cheese, which is a cheese that seems mild at first but has a stronger aftertaste. When Swiss is paired with other foods and spices, this aftertaste is strongly diminished. The Swiss, ham, and eggs go together delightfully and compliment each other.
If you do not have shredded Swiss cheese, never fear! Swiss cheese is surprisingly very easy to crumble. There’s no need to go through the hassle of using a cheese grater!
When making this pizza, I used a traditional organic Italian pizza sauce. If you don’t have pizza sauce, you may substitute tomato sauce with 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning mixed in.
The egg yolk in this recipe will not be fully cooked when baking it in the oven on top of the pizza. While contamination in eggs is fairly uncommon, if this bothers you, fry an egg on the stove while the pizza is baking using this recipe.
It is tedious to try to transfer a cracked egg on top of the pizza to the oven. That’s why, in this recipe, crack the egg in a separate bowl then place the egg on top of the pizza. Instead of playing egg-roulette, you simply push the oven rack back inside gently with your oven mitts.
Ham, Egg, & Swiss Breakfast Pizza
- Pizza Pan
- Oven mitt
- Pizza Cutter
- 1 pre-made pizza crust (9-10 inches)
- 2-3 oz crumbled Swiss cheese
- 4 tbsp pizza sauce
- 1½ slice ham (pieces)
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 420.
- Place pizza crust on pizza pan.
- Spread sauce around pizza crust evenly.
- Crumble Swiss cheese all over the pizza.
- Tear ham to pieces, place evenly over pizza.
- Crack egg in bowl, then inspect to make sure there are no egg shells.
- Put on oven mitt, then partially pull out oven rack and place pizza on top.
- Carefully pour the egg over the middle of the pizza.
- Push the rack back in the oven and close the oven door.
- Cook for 12 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Slice up pizza with pizza cutter.
- Serve warm.