I love peanut butter themed cookies. Most peanut butter cookies don’t have eggs in them, but I wanted this to taste more like a traditional cookie that just happened to have peanut butter in it.
If you want to make giant cookies, so you can save on some pan washing, use 4-6 tablespoons of batter placed on the parchment paper. Space these well apart, unless you don’t care about how your cookies aesthetically look.
If you want to transform this recipe into peanut butter chocolate cookies, simply add 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
Peanut Butter Einkorn Cookies
- 2 Medium bowls
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Measuring equipment
- Oven mitt
- 1¾ cup einkorn flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup butter (softened or melted)
- 5 tsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Mix all powdered ingredients together in a bowl.
- Beat egg.
- Mix all wet ingredients into the beaten egg.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Make cookies 1 tbsp in size. Spread out to avoid mixing.
- Cook in oven for 15 minutes on bottom rack
- Put cookies on the top rack for 5-10 more minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven, place them on a metal rack.
- Let cool for ten to fifteen minutes before serving.