Lemon poppy seed is perhaps one of my favorite flavors. So when it was time to experiment with my new einkorn flour, I decided to make some delicious lemon poppy seed cookies.
Use about one to two tablespoons per cookie. Spread them out about 3 inches apart to avoid mingling.
This recipe is very simple for even beginners to make.
I recommend topping with a lemon glaze.
You can find a link for the glaze here.
Lemon Poppy Seed Einkorn Cookies
- 2 Medium bowls
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Oven mitt
- 1 3/4 cup einkorn flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter (softened or melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon flavoring
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Using a medium sized bowl, mix all powdered ingredients together.
- Beat eggs, then add and mix all other wet ingredients.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together.
- Make cookies 1 tbsp in size. Spread out to avoid mingling.
- Cook in oven for 15 minutes on the bottom rack.
- Place cookies on the top rack for 5-10 more minutes.
- Take cookies out of the oven.
- Let cookies cool before serving.