Oatmeal cookies are an ultimate classic, with a great texture! These oatmeal cookies are vanilla flavored, but you can make them chocolate if you add a 1/2 cup of cocoa powder to the mix.
Einkorn is a great grain to use for this recipe, due to it’s amazing consistency and taste. Einkorn is a type of ancient grain that is known to be easier to digest due to it’s qualities. Modern wheat contains 42 chromosomes, while einkorn contains only 14 chromosomes.i placing batter on parchment paper.
If you do not have quick oats, soak rolled oats overnight in water and a dollop of apple cider vinegar. Drain before adding to mixture, do not add milk if pre-soaked.
For a better cookie taste and texture, refrigerate and cover for 30 minutes before placing batter on parchment paper.
Oatmeal Einkorn Cookies
- Measuring equipment
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 2 Medium bowls
- Oven mitt
- 1¾ cup einkorn flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup milk
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Stir all dry ingredients together.
- Beat egg.
- Mix beaten eggs with all wet ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Let batch soak in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Make cookies 1 tbsp in size, place batter 3 inches apart.
- Bake cookies in oven for about 15 minutes on the bottom rack.
- Place cookies on the top rack instead for 5-10 more minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven.
- Let your cookies cool for 10-15 minutes on pan or metal rack.