Crepes are a delicious French breakfast & dessert! These thin pancakes are best served by spreading jam on them, then folding into a triangle.
Einkorn has a very good texture, allowing for very cohesive crepes. Seriously, einkorn is the best flour I’ve used thus far for making crepes.
You can choose to skip many of these steps by blending all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Crepes take time and patience to master. If you’re persistent, you should have the recipe down in no time!
Coconut Einkorn Crepes
- 2 Medium bowls
- Whisk or blender
- Measuring equipment
- 1¾ cup milk
- 1¼ cup einkorn flour
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp butter (soften or melted)
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Beat eggs in another bowl.
- Add all other wet ingredients to bowl. Mix.
- Add dry and wet bowls together. Mix thoroughly.
- Put the batter in the fridge for one hour, covered.
- Heat pan between medium or medium-low.
- Add 1/2 tsp butter to the pan, spread with spatula.
- Pour 1/4 cup into the hot pan. Pick the pan up and spread the batter all around the pan.
- Run your spatula along the edges of the crepe. Flip carefully once crepe is bubbling all around and the edges have browned slightly.
- Wait about thirty to sixty seconds, then remove crepe from the pan.
- Cool slightly before serving.