Einkorn is the number one flour for pancakes, in my opinion. The texture of the pancakes are absolutely fantastic!
You can substitute the applesauce for two eggs in this recipe.
Let some of the lumps in your batter stay. It’ll help improve the pancake’s texture.
30-Minute Strawberry Vegan Einkorn Pancakes
- Medium bowl
- Measuring equipment
- 2 cups einkorn flour
- 1½ cup plant-based milk (vanilla hemp milk)
- ½ cup applesauce
- 4 tbsp strawberry jam
- 3 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp almond extract (optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- Stir all dry ingredients together.
- Mix in all wet ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients together. Don't over-mix batter.
- Heat pan on medium.
- Pour olive oil on pan and spread oil evenly.
- Place 1/3 cup of batter on the pan.
- Flip when the edges are bubbling and browning.
- Remove when edges are bubbling and browning.
- Let cool for five minutes before serving.
- (Optional) Top with strawberry jam.