Lemon poppy seed pancakes are the best! I make a lot of lemon poppy seed recipes because I love the taste and texture. Einkorn is the best flour for pancakes, in my opinion. The texture is phenomenal.
This recipe uses applesauce, but can be substituted with two eggs.
When mixing up this dough, be sure not to stir heavily. Let there be some lumps in the flour, it helps with the texture.
30-Minute Lemon Poppy Seed Vegan Einkorn Pancakes
- Medium bowl
- Measuring equipment
- 2 cups einkorn flour
- 1½ cup plant-based milk (vanilla hemp milk)
- ½ cup applesauce
- 5 tbsp poppy seeds
- 3 sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon flavoring (Frontier brand)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Stir all dry ingredients together.
- Mix in all wet ingredients.
- Heat pan on medium.
- Pour olive oil on pan. Spread oil evenly around the pan.
- Place 1/3 cup of batter on the pan.
- Flip when the edges are bubbling and browning.
- Remove when edges are bubbling and browning.
- Let cool for five minutes before serving.