EInkorn is my favorite flour to use when making pancakes for my family. The texture of einkorn is fantastic, it’ll be my pancake flour forever.
Today’s modern wheat contains 42 chromosomes, while einkorn contains only 14. This is supposed to make einkorn easier to digest.
If you don’t want to use applesauce, you can put in two eggs instead.
30-Minute Pumpkin Pie Vegan Einkorn Pancakes
A Sweet Ancient Grain Breakfast
- Medium bowl
- Measuring equipment
- 2 cup einkorn flour
- 1½ cup plant-based milk (vanilla hemp milk)
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Put all wet ingredients to the bowl.
- Stir all ingredients, but don't over-mix the batter.
- Heat pan on medium.
- Spread olive oil evenly around the pan.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter on the pan.
- Flip when the edges are bubbling and browning.
- Remove when edges are bubbling and browning.
- Let cool for five minutes before serving.