Einkorn is the best flour for pancakes, in my experience. Einkorn has an amazing texture, and is kind of fluffy as well.
If you’re not vegan or don’t have applesauce, you can use two eggs instead for this recipe.
When mixing the batter, it is best to leave some lumps in the batter. It helps with the texture of the pancake.
30-Minute Coconut Vegan Einkorn Pancakes
Coconut-Flavored Ancient Grain Breakfast Pancakes
- Medium bowl
- Measuring equipment
- 2 cups einkorn flour
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cup plant-based milk (vanilla hemp milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- ½ cup applesauce
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Stir in all wet ingredients. Do not over-mix batter.
- Heat pan on medium.
- Pour coconut oil on pan and spread evenly.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter on the pan.
- Flip when the edges are bubbling and browning.
- Remove when edges are bubbling and browning.
- Let cool for five minutes before serving.