Einkorn pancakes are my favorite. There’s no better flour for pancakes, in my honest opinion. They cost more than other flours, but are oh so worth it.
If you’re not vegan or don’t want to use applesauce, you can substitute with two eggs instead for this recipe.
Some of the family members that tried these pancakes asked if I put bananas in them. They didn’t taste like banana pancakes to me, but you’ve been warned.
When mixing the batter, be sure to leave some lumps in the batter. It helps with the texture of the pancake.
30-Minute Chocolate Vegan Einkorn Pancakes
An Ancient Grain Chocolate Flapjack Breakfast
- Medium bowl
- Measuring equipment
- 2 cups einkorn flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 ½ cup plant-based milk (vanilla hemp milk)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp olive oil
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix all wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Stir all ingredients together, but avoid over-mixing the batter.
- Heat pan on medium.
- Pour olive oil on pan and spread evenly.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter on the pan.
- Flip when the edges are bubbling and browning.
- Remove when edges are bubbling and browning.
- Let cool for five minutes before serving.