After trying einkorn pancakes, I understand why people are willing to pay a little extra for the flour. Not only is it an ancient grain, but it is also makes pancakes much fluffier.
These pancakes are fantastic. By far the best flour I’ve ever used for pancakes.
If you’re not vegan or don’t have applesauce, you can substitute with two eggs instead for this recipe.
When mixing the batter, it is best to leave some lumps in the batter. It helps with the texture of the pancake.
30-Minute Vegan Einkorn Pancakes
- Medium bowl
- Measuring equipment
- 2 cups einkorn flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1½ cups plant-based milk (vanilla hemp milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp olive oil (other plant-based cooking oils are ok)
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add all wet ingredients to the bowl.
- Stir all ingredients together, but don't over-mix the batter.
- Heat pan on medium.
- Pour olive oil on pan and spread evenly.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter on the pan.
- Flip when the edges are bubbling and browning.
- Remove when edges are bubbling and browning.
- Let cool for five minutes before serving.