Crepes are a great tasting pancake that is quick to cook. They’re a new family favorite!
Spelt is advantageous to some because in contains less gluten compared to more modern wheat variants. In more traditional recipes, you can typically get away with not refrigerating your dough. However, gluten in this recipe is what keeps your crepes from tearing. Do not skip the refrigeration step if you care about cohesive crepes.
Many of these steps can be skipped if you are using a blender. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
This recipe takes practice. Do not be discouraged if your first attempts don’t turn out as planned.
Sweet Crepe Recipe with Spelt Flour
- 2 Medium bowls
- Whisk or blender
- Measuring equipment
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp butter (softened or melted)
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs thoroughly.
- Add all other wet ingredients together. Stir.
- Add all ingredients together. Whisk until smooth.
- Let batch sit in fridge covered for one hour.
- Heat pan between medium or medium-low.
- Spread ½ tsp butter around the pan.
- Pour 1/4-1/6 of a cup into the hot pan. Pick the pan up and spread the batter all around the pan.
- Flip carefully once crepe is bubbling all around and the edges have browned slightly.
- Wait about thirty to sixty seconds, then remove crepe from pan.
- Cool slightly before serving.