This waffles for one recipe is a fast and easy breakfast that even beginners can master! This recipe will take you less than ten minutes to make from scratch, and it’s a great recipe for being on-the-go!
I like to make waffles as a snack on occasion, so I developed this recipe as a means to only make a singular waffle for myself. This waffle recipe is cheap, beginner-friendly, and quick to make. What’s not to like?
These plant-based, vegan waffles are a very filling breakfast, and you’ll most likely only need one to feel full. If your caloric needs are higher, double this recipe to make two waffles.
Use a tablespoon to scoop the batter into the waffle iron. I have found that it takes 5 tablespoons of batter to make a single waffle with my waffle maker. Using a spoon, smooth out the batter to fit into the waffle iron’s shape. Take heed not to overfill your waffle maker!
You can check out my other waffle recipes on this blog here.
Waffles For One Recipe (Vegan)
- 2 Bowls
- Measuring equipment
- Waffle Iron
- ⅓ cup wheat flour
- ⅓ medium banana
- ¾ tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup plant-based milk
- ¼ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- cooking spray (optional)
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Stir together all dry ingredients.
- Mash banana thoroughly with a fork.
- Add olive oil and milk to banana mixture, then stir.
- Add liquid mixture to dry mixture, stir until no dry flour is left.
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray if your waffle iron isn't nonstick.
- Using a large spoon, scoop the batter into the waffle iron.
- Let waffle cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove waffles from waffle iron using a dull knife or a spoon.
- Serve warm with additions such as powdered sugar or maple syrup.