This banana walnut bread recipe is delicious! This warm treat is the best way to use up your browning bananas. This banana walnut bread recipe is very easy for beginners, and is a fun side dish to make for your family! This banana bread is made without eggs and is completely vegetarian. Instead of eggs, I chose to make this banana bread with applesauce instead!
This bread is both moist and delicious! This bread is best eaten warm, but any leftovers should be put into the fridge.
The reason I bake this bread at 350 instead of 375 is because I’ve found that the banana bread stays more moist when cooked at a lower temperature for longer than a high temperature for a shorter amount of time. Put a toothpick inside the bread to see if it’s done. If the toothpick gets liquid on it, the banana bread is not yet ready and should be put back in the oven.
In case you don’t have a food processor or a blender to use, I’ve found that a potato masher does a good job consolidating all the liquid ingredients together.
If you want to make banana bread with 2 bananas, all you have to do is halve this recipe!
Banana Walnut Bread Recipe
- 2 Medium bowls
- Measuring equipment
- Blender, food processor, or potato masher.
- Loaf pan
- Baking paper
- 2 cups wheat flour
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 brown bananas
- 5 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Blend all wet ingredients together using a food processor, blender, or potato masher.
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients together in one bowl until the is no dry flour left.
- Line loaf pan with baking paper.
- Put dough into the loaf pan.
- Bake for approximately one hour, then insert toothpick to confirm the bread is fully cooked.