This banana bread recipe with sour cream is both moist and delicious! This warm treat is the best way to use up your browning bananas. My banana bread recipe with sour cream is very simple for beginners to bake, and is a tasty side dish to make for your loved ones! This vegetarian banana bread is made without eggs. Instead, I decided to make this banana bread with applesauce instead!
This bread is best eaten warm. However, any leftover bread should be put into the refrigerator.
The reason I bake this bread at 350 instead of 375 is because I’ve found that the banana bread stays more moist when cooked at a lower temperature for longer than a high temperature for a shorter amount of time. Put a toothpick inside the bread to see if it’s done. If the toothpick gets liquid on it, the banana bread is not yet ready and should be put back in the oven.
Oddly enough, I’ve found that using a potato masher to consolidate the liquid ingredients makes a good substitute for a food processor or a blender.
If you want to make banana bread with 2 bananas, all you have to do is halve this recipe!
Banana Bread Recipe with Sour Cream
- 2 Medium bowls
- Measuring equipment
- Blender, food processor, or potato masher.
- Loaf pan
- Baking paper
- Oven mitt
- 2 cups wheat flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 4 overripe bananas
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp almond extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Blend all wet ingredients together using a food processor, blender, or potato masher.
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients together in one bowl until the is no dry flour left.
- Line loaf pan with baking paper.
- Put dough into the loaf pan.
- Bake for approximately one hour, then insert toothpick to confirm the bread is fully cooked.