Camembert Chicken Pizza with Mozzarella Recipe
This Camembert chicken pizza very simple to make! This is NOT a replica or copycat of the famous Domino’s recipe. Rather, it is a separate recipe, made to be easy for those at home to follow. The recipe is for making a white pizza, without any tomato sauce.
For this recipe, I used a pre-made sourdough crust, but you can use one of my pizza crust recipes found here, just be sure to double the dough.
I used an 8 oz rind of Camembert to make this recipe. For first timers, Camembert may seem intimidating. If you make the mistake of opening it immediately, the rind sticks to the cheese like glue, and is very difficult to separate. To separate Camembert from the rind, check out this WikiHow article. The instructions are for Brie, but it works the same for Camembert. Simply freeze the cheese for about 30 minutes prior, then cut off the rind with a knife.
Camembert is a soft cheese similar to Brie. The taste of Camembert is richer and earthier than Brie. The main difference between the cheeses is that Brie has added cream, and Camembert does not. Melt the Camembert in the microwave for about 30 seconds, or until liquefied, then spread evenly around the pizza with a spoon.
The mozzarella I used in this recipe was fresh. I cut six mozzarella balls into halves, then placed evenly around the pizza. If you do not have fresh mozzarella, hard mozzarella with do fine. The mozzarella is a great boost in flavor to the pizza that I highly recommend, but if you have none, you may skip this step.
For this recipe, I used about 3 oz of leftover chicken breast pieces, made into the size of a quarter. If you don’t have any leftover chicken breast, I recommend you use drained canned chicken.
Camembert Chicken Pizza with Mozzarella
- Microwavable bowl
- Pizza Pan
- Oven mitt
- Pizza Cutter
- 1 pre-made pizza crust (9-10 inches)
- 8 oz Camembert cheese
- 3 oz chicken breast
- 6 balls fresh mozzarella
- ¾ tsp chopped onion spice
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Freeze Camembert 30 minutes prior to using.
- Preheat oven to 420.
- Put pizza crust on the pizza pan.
- Using a knife, carefully cut off the rind off the Camembert.
- Put in microwave for 30 seconds, or until Camembert has liquefied.
- Spread Camembert evenly across the pizza.
- Sprinkle spices evenly.
- Add chicken breast pieces as evenly as possible around the pizza.
- Slice fresh mozzarella balls into halves.
- Place the halved mozzarella balls as evenly as possible around the pizza.
- Place in oven for about 12 minutes.
- Serve warm.