These pancakes are good. These were eaten and enjoyed even by my non gluten-free family members.
Lemon poppy seed is one of my personal favorites. Lemon poppy seed muffins, lemon poppy seed cookies, lemon poppy seed cakes…
Let’s just say I have an obsession.
Some of my family members are gluten-free due to gluten sensitivities, so I try to make recipes they can enjoy too. Ancient grains like spelt, rye, and einkorn, which are lower in gluten, tend to not invoke their gluten sensitivity as harshly as traditional flour.
Stay tuned to see more ancient grain recipes!
Buckwheat Sourdough Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
A Gluten-Free (GF) Pancake Breakfast!
- 1 cup buckwheat sourdough starter (or discard)
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp honey
- 4 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp butter (for cooking)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp lemon flavoring
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Add all wet ingredients to the dry ingredients
- Stir thoroughly until smooth
- Heat up the pan at medium heat.
- Spread butter around the hot pan
- Place down about 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp of pancake batter on the hot pan.
- Flip when the mixture bubbles around the edges.
- Flip again when the mixture bubbles around the edges.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.